Friday, July 10, 2009

Nature Ali's Grand Adventure - Day 8, June 27th.

I woke at dawn quickly brushing my teeth and getting back on the road. I didn’t bird in Indiana but pushed on to Ohio where I was to meet my sister at 7:30 p.m. The only traffic I encountered during the trip was a little slow down two hours into Ohio, a truck lost control on an overpass and shed its contents of light beer on the highway below where an unsuspecting motorist crashed causing much damage to their vehicle. Continuing on, I did have an opportunity to bird a rest stop five hours later just outside of Cleveland where I saw my first Black-capped Chickadee.

I saw a sparrow that I have yet to identify (I believe Henslow’s Sparrow); that pretty much means it is a life bird. Drove into Cleveland to view Lake Erie, nice big lake but far too busy for me. The stadium for the Cleveland Indians is right off of the Interstate and straight down the road is the stadium for the Cleveland Browns next to the Rock & Roll Museum. The flags were at half-staff in memory of Michael Jackson.
Margot’s bus was over a half-hour late so we took a quick tour around the downtown area and then headed off to New York via Pennsylvania. We arrived well after dark and stopped at a motel just outside of Buffalo.

523 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment