Friday, July 10, 2009

Nature Ali's Grand Adventure - Day 15, July 4th.

Reluctantly, I left Manassas after a wonderful visit with my family. I am so proud to be related to all of them. Headed down to rendezvous for a quick two-hour brunch with my adopted sis, Gail and her husband Guy. It is so interesting, they live around the block from my sister Margot and Gail is exactly one year younger than Margot. Although they are very dissimilar, they both have wonderful senses of humor. I love hearing both laugh and they crack me up with their wit.
Anyway, drove along Interstate-98 toward Florida and stopped only at rest stops along the way. Still enough time was spent to pick up another life bird; a Blue-headed Vireo. The Crepe Myrtle at a South Carolina at dusk was amazing as it was covered with many species of dragonflies. Apparently the dragons are desperate to find lodging for the night, while walking one buzzed me then landed on my shoulder. That was so cool!
Spent the night at a motel in Hinesville, Georgia.
604 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment