Friday, July 10, 2009

Nature Ali’s Grand Adventure – Day 14, July 3rd.

I met Liz at 7:30 a.m at Huntley Meadows Park in Alexandria, VA. This was a great park where I saw so many great birds and several lifers. The park has a trail that leads to a boardwalk along a marsh. I was so impressed with Liz’s love for nature and her brilliant observation skills, she saw so many things that I would have missed had she not pointed them out. It was such a thrill to bird with a true naturalist, a first since I left California.
I reluctantly left Liz’s company for lunch with my brother and his family. I rendezvoused with Margot at Rich’s house where I saw my nephews for the first time this trip. Alex and Zach certainly have grown. They are such cute kids and Kate and Rich are wonderfully doting parents. Rich and Kate recently bought this house after selling their condo with the help of the HGTV program “Get it Sold”.
The ever passionate homeowner, Rich after giving us a quick tour of the house showed us his project… the backyard! His goal is to make it really kid friendly so tree removal, shrub relocating and land leveling are parts of the process. Margot and I helped do some weeding and raking before the rain put a stop to the project.
After the rain shower, we all got some great Thai food and went to the local park with the boys. What a great playground. They played and played while we visited a bit. Then Margot and I returned to her home where packing for the continuing journey was on the agenda.
Local driving today.

No comments:

Post a Comment